How can I enable the option to expand swimlanes on a board?

Liz O'Connor January 17, 2018

We would like to use swimlanes on our Kanban board, but the option to expand them is disabled in the board menu.  How do I enable it?

swimlanes.jpg

Thanks!

Liz

5 answers

0 votes
Railton Sacramento Santana November 16, 2021

Hello everyone

Is there any possibility to expand the visualization to a specifique swimlane? Like.. I have 4 swimlanes and I would like that when the user sees the board just one specifique can be expended by default.

Thnaks

Railton

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2021

No that is not possible. 

0 votes
nereida.restrepo August 6, 2021

Hello All, 

I was having the same issue and now I'm mesmerized of how simple the fix was: 

Simply go to your board settings > Swimlanes> Based Swimlanes by assignee. 

J.png

0 votes
Anna Muradyan June 21, 2018

Guys,

I found the answer. 
It worked for me but you may need to install ScriptRunner plugin to get JQL functions.

Try this:
"Epic Link" = "epicname" OR issueFunction in subtasksOf('"Epic Link" = "epicname"')

Tiago Paiva da Silva October 9, 2018

It worked for me Anna, really thank you!! 

Anna Muradyan October 9, 2018

I’m glad it helped :) 

0 votes

Guys,

I found the answer. 
It worked for me but you may need to install ScriptRunner plugin to get JQL functions.

Try this:
"Epic Link" = "epicname" OR issueFunction in subtasksOf('"Epic Link" = "epicname"')

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2018

Do you have swimlanes defined? Do you see more than a single swimlane today?  If not go to board setting and swimlanes to set them up.

Liz O'Connor January 22, 2018

Hi Jack,

In Board Settings under Swimlanes I have 'Base Swimlanes on Stories' selected from the drop down list.  Where else do I need to enable it?  The stories in the sprint have subtasks, but no swimlanes show currently.

Thanks,

Liz

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2018

your original post did not convey that you are setting up swim lanes by stories. Indeed if that is your intent then that is all you need to do to get story swim lanes.

Can you provide an image of what you see? Stupid question but, do you have stories created? 

I have the same problem.
The Board configs are set as "Base Swimlanes on Stories", but "expand and collapse all swimlanes" are disabled.  Apparently I'm using Scrum board. 

I have Stories that have subtasks. My goal is to see the subtasks in the Board. Currently I see only the Stories. 

Daniel Roussel July 16, 2018

I had the same problem and then, while trying to fix the problem, I realized that I changed the board query to include the value of a Team custom field we added to issues.  The thing is, stories, bugs, tasks, etc do get a value so that they appear in each team's board (everyone is under the same project). But subtasks do nat have a value assigned for the team field, so they were simply not returned in the scrum board and thus, no swimlanes to display.

To check if the problem originates from there, I would suggest going into the board's filter edit mode and make sure that subtasks are actually part of the result.

Suggest an answer