How can I edit or delete incorrect time logged on an issue?

Charlotte Rawlinson June 25, 2021

How can I edit or remove the incorrect time logged on an issue?

We landed up listing the time spent on an issue as 4h where we meant to give that as an estimate. Now we do not have the correct time logged as it took us less time to complete. 

We have tried changing the permissions, we are unable to find a 'history' to delete and there is no option to delete it in the 'work log'.

We are currently working on a Team-managed board, if that may affect any answers. 

2 answers

2 accepted

22 votes
Answer accepted
Charlotte Rawlinson June 25, 2021

Hi Karalee, 

Thank you for the above. I appreciate the help.

I did update my permission settings. I was falling short on where to find 'Work logs'.

In case anyone else is also struggling to find 'work logs' if you open your ticket and browse down to the comments you will see 'Activity' and 'show' where a drop-down will let you opt between comments, work logs, history etc. 

Peter Jacob July 26, 2022

Good help. Thank you

Like # people like this
Hamza Kamal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 21, 2023

Thank you, it worked.

6 votes
Answer accepted
Karalee Kikiros
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

Hi Charlotte, you mentioned that you’ve been amending the permissions but just checking that you added the Delete All Work Logs permission as this will let you delete anyone’s work log (under work log in the activity section)

This support article also might help to step you through what you need: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/log-time-on-an-issue/ Specifically the Edit and Delete

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events