How can I dynamically create a screen?

Jamesson January 15, 2019

When we're about to commence work on a project, we converse with the customer to make sure that we have all of the requirements understood by both sides. If the project involves lab work, then there could be certain actions taken that are necessary to complete the work, but are nevertheless irreversible. There are multiple things that can cause irreversible changes, and not all of them are used for all projects.

Let's say that I have 4 pre-programmed statements to the effect of, "X will happen to your product which could/will mean that Y will also happen." Is there a way that I can create a screen dynamically that has all of the statements I want that the customer has to check a box to indicate that they've seen it?

2 answers

0 votes
Jimmy Van (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2019

If you want a single issue type, then consider ThinkTilt's Proforma https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215833/proforma-forms-custom-fields-for-jira for simplicity, otherwise try Michael's suggestion as Jira can probably achieve this with some config

0 votes
Michael Wan January 15, 2019

One option in JIRA would be to use different issue type for different request. By doing that, you can configure different screen and workflow depending on the issue type selected in the create screen by your customer. 

Jamesson January 16, 2019

The one problem with this is that we often if not mostly deal with customers that are unfamiliar with our processes, and so they would not know which issue types they'd need to choose. I could split up each request into the different issue types and have "disclaimers" for each one, but I'd rather keep this at the Epic level, if I can.

Suggest an answer