How can I duplicate some story to another backlog?

Andres Felipe Ocampo Ramirez July 6, 2020

Its something like copy and paste a story to another backlog....Not only moving such as cut and paste. 

The thing is that story has 7 subtasks linked. I want to copy and paste also these subtasks and when I update any subtask, this change is completed and replicated also in the other backlog in the same story.

I do not want to replicate twice the same update in two different backlogs.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Liset de Bruin _K15t_ July 7, 2020

Hi @Andres Felipe Ocampo Ramirez

As @Trudy Claspill mentions, you could clone the issues but there are indeed also apps out there that could help you out. You could use aissue synchronization app to replicate the issue in the other project as well as synchronize any updates you make (e.g. a field update or status change).

I can recommend using Backbone Issue Sync as it's a good fit to your use case. I might be slightly biased in my recommendation though as I'm working behind the Backbone team ;) If you're interested, you can always schedule a demo with me and I'd be happy to show you how the synchronization would work.

Cheers,
Liset

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2020

Hello @Andres Felipe Ocampo Ramirez 

Welcome to the community.

There is no such functionality available out of the box.

You are looking at two different items:

1. replicate story and subtasks to another project

2. synchronize those entities.

The closest OTB function for #1 would be to clone the story in the same project and then move the story to the other project. When you use the Clone function you have to option to clone or not clone sub-tasks at the same time. The Move function assumes that you want to move the sub-tasks with the parent story.

I don't have a recommendation for solving #2. There may be a way to address that through Automation, but I have not investigated exactly how it could be done.

For both of these issues there are probably apps in the marketplace that could be used.

Suggest an answer