How can I delete outgoing steps in JIRA agile (Kanban) workflow?

Shawn Smith January 28, 2014

I've set up a Kanban board, and I've created a workflow for it within JIRA agile. The problem I have with the workflow is that all the outgoing transiitions are available from every status. Ideally, each status should only have one (sometimes two) possible outgoing transitions.

When I locate this workflow in JIRA project admin, the description says:

"Generated by JIRA Agile version 6.3.7. This workflow is managed internally by JIRA Agile. Do not manually modify this workflow."

In fact, JIRA won't let me modify the outgoing transitions of this workflow - the button to do so is disabled. I don't know if it's JIRA Agile that's preventing me from modifying it, or if I just need to go through some other steps (e.g. make a copy, etc.). If I do modify the workflow, then will I break the functionality of my Kanban board?

1 answer

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2015

I believe that the reason it says what is says on that workflow is that any manual changes to it will be overwritten with the next upgrade of JIRA Agile. I suggest you make a copy of it and assign it to the project/board once ready. You should get whatever workflow you want in JIRA. 

Suggest an answer