How can I create issues automatically which summary depends on a custom field values

Anar Mahmudzada June 7, 2022

Hi dear all,

I need to create an automation which summary gets values from "Customers" custom field values. For instance if it has 300 different customers names, so the automation must create 300 issues. The other purpose is if a new values coming to this custom field, the automation must create new issue, otherwise it will not create new one.

I really appreciate if you help me on this problem.

Thanks in advance! 

BR/ Anar

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Anar Mahmudzada 

Automation for Jira rules are limited to 100 issues/things for triggers and branches, and so you would not be able to create 300 issues.

If you are able to split those up into batches, you might be able to do this. 

However, you describe 300 values in a single select list, so what is the purpose of the single selection?

Kind regards,
Bill

Anar Mahmudzada June 14, 2022

Sorry my late response. 

I had created excel file, added 300 values to this file, then imported the file to the project. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2022

Thanks for explaining how you imported the values into the list.  I was instead asking the field's purpose/how you use it.  Understanding that may help the community to offer alternative suggestions.  Thanks!

0 votes
S Gopi Krishna June 7, 2022

Use Smart values to get the data from a field. Please refer the link below.

What are smart values? | Cloud automation Cloud | Atlassian Support

Thanks a lot for your response. Yes I used smart values for setting summary but it does not work.

automation.png

Like S Gopi Krishna likes this
S Gopi Krishna June 7, 2022

Can you once try using the additional fields option which will be available under more options as shown below.

2022-06-07_17h58_09.png

If this solution not works I will suggest you to raise a ticket in atlassian they will help you with this requirement.

Thanks bro. But as I mentioned before if there is 300 values in single select custom fields the automation must create 300 different issues and must set the values to the summary in every issue. I am considering I need to write script for the solution.

Like S Gopi Krishna likes this

Suggest an answer