How can I create dashboard where I can show number of bugs raised against the story

Amruta Deshmukh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2024

I want to create a dashboard with the current sprint stories and show the number of bugs raised against the individual story along with their status. How can I create it?

We have JQL in place

3 answers

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2024

Hi @Amruta Deshmukh

Welcome to the community!

You can probably show the linked bugs to the stories using the "linked issues" in the results gadget.  However, If you want linked bugs with their statuses, you need to look into 3rd party plugins.  Structure by tempo, eazybi and others in the marketplace would do it for you.

Fabian

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 28, 2024

Hi @Amruta Deshmukh

welcome to the community!

If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, I think you might like the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

With these, you can build a report like e.g. this in just a couple of clicks:

bugs-by-story-and-sprint.gif

In the above view, all bugs are connected to their respective stories by issue links of configured issue link types - but you have complete freedom on how you model your issue hierarchies and structures.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2024

Hi @Amruta Deshmukh,

Are the bugs linked to the story, or are they added as sub-tasks to the story? How do you relate a bug to a story, more exactly?

Danut.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events