How can I clear sprint history?

I made a scrum board for testing purposes to evalute the use of greenhopper as our team is moving to an agile model of development. I made a scrum board with some of the tasks I had in jira and did a 'practice sprint' so that I could get a feel for what it was like to use the product.

We liked the product and wanted to do it 'for real' so I made a new scrum board for my team and when we try to create a sprint it knows about the one I did on the other board. This will mess up the velocity tracking for my team when the practice sprint data is incorporated with our real data ... is there a way to remove the old sprint history (or to treat this new board as working under a new team and the other sprints aren't associated?).

-David

1 answer

0 votes

Greetings David,

Unfortunately, once a Sprint is closed, there is no way to go back and delete it. If the sprint is still in flight,then you can delete the sprint by following these isntrucutions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Deleting+a+Sprint.

I hope this helps!

Perhaps I phrased things poorly, I don't really care if I kill that sprint's history, I want to start a new scrum board and have it act like a new project with a new team with no previous history. I imagine there is something used to delineate between teams at least so that team 1 doesn't have to get their velocity metrics populated with team 2's.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,029 views 6 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot