How can I change the rank of a JSD ticket on the kanban board

Kathy Mobarra March 7, 2024

We have JIRA software, and JIRA Service Desk in the cloud. Our team has set up a JSD project to manage internal DevOps requests.

Product Management needs to change the ranking of the tickets based on their priorities. They have therefore created a kanban board with the JSD tickets. The filter for the board is ordered by rank. However, they cannot change the rank of the tickets on the kanban board. 

What gives? 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2024

Hello @Kathy Mobarra 

In order to change the rank of an issue a user must have the Schedule Issues permissions in the project that contains the issue.

The users must also have Product Access to the Jira Service Desk product.

Do the users have those permissions in the JSD project?

Hi @Trudy Claspill !

Thank you for that clarification. I didn't know that, however I am an administrator, as well as a Service Desk agent, and I see that the Schedule Issues permission is included in the Administrator role. 

Can you think of anything else?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2024

Hello @Kathy Mobarra 

You said you are "an administrator", but have you been assigned to the Administrator role within the JSD project. You must actually be assigned to that role explicitly or implicitly through membership in a group assigned to that role. Simply have the Jira Administrator global permission does not necessarily assign you to the Administrator role in each project.

Like Kathy Mobarra likes this

Oh wait! I realized that I was not included in the "People" list for the project! I added myself and all works now :) 

Thank you for the helpful pointer!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events