How can I change the end date of a sprint after it has been closed?

Matt Campo September 15, 2013

I left my office Friday, forgetting to close my sprint for the week. Is there a way to edit the end date/time of the sprint in order to correct my burndowns & statistics?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2013

Hi Matt, as far as I can tell, the only way to change the end date is directly via database (table AO_60DB71_SPRINT), however you may consider testing it first in a test environmnet.

Cheers

Matt Campo September 16, 2013

Is it possible to access the database for an atlassian-hosted Jira Agile account?

Matt Campo September 16, 2013

Is it possible to access the database for an atlassian-hosted Jira Agile account?

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

Hi Matt, OnDemand customer don't have access to the database

O. Funkhouser January 15, 2014

Updating the END_DATE in that table did not work for me. What other tables might I need to update?

Dave Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2014

This worked for us. Note that it's the START_DATE and COMPLETE_DATE columns that define the beginning and end of the sprint. I'm not sure what the END_DATE is. Maybe someone from Atlassian can illuminate us.

Also, be aware that the date is stored as a unix timestamp. To arrive at the correct value, you need to convert your desired date/time to GMT and then convert to a unix timestamp.

Gregory Engel December 1, 2014

You may also need to restart JIRA to see the change in the UI.

4 votes
Paul Armstrong June 26, 2018

Hey Matt,

This is absolutely achievable without DB manipulation - at least in the current version.

All you need to do is go to your sprint report, find the sprint you wish to edit via the drop down menu. Once you have that selected there's a more options / kabob menu icon (3 horizontal dots) which will allow you to reopen that sprint. At this point you can then visit your backlog and change the dates of the sprint and then re-close. 

Your current sprint (if you have one active), will remain unharmed, unedited and can continue to feature in active sprint view, upon the close of retro-active sprint.

Thank you

Grzegorz Tekiela January 9, 2019

Thanks! You helped me a lot!

Steve Brett April 5, 2019

I think this misses the point. You can edit the END_DATE like this, but you will also cause the COMPLETE_DATE to be changed to the date/time that you re-closed the sprint after performing this edit, which is even later than the date on which the sprint work was actually terminated. It is the COMPLETE_DATE that affects your analytics (as mentioned by Dave Thomas) and i think the END_DATE just represents your original plan. Once the sprint is finished, the END_DATE is just window dressing.

Like # people like this
0 votes
O. Funkhouser January 15, 2014

Updating the END_DATE in that table did not work for me. What other tables might I need to update?

carrhuntc April 12, 2016

I am assuming by END_DATE you mean COMPLETED_DATE and not the last day of the sprint as defined when the sprint was originally set up.  AKA - start and two weeks later end...  The COMPLETED_DATE is the date when you hit "Complete Sprint"

Suggest an answer