How can I build a JIRA filter, which corresponds in terms of ordering to Greenhopper Scrum Board?

We have set up a GH Scrum Board. We are prioritizing by drag and drop inside this board.

We need a standard JIRA Filter which displays all these stories in the same order.

Ordering by global rank does not work. The absolute order is not the same.

1 answer

Hi Larrie,

Order by rank should definitely give you the same ordering (that's how the board itself does the ordering). The only difference is that the board might not show certain issues (if they are in statuses that aren't mapped to a column on the board). If the order you're seeing doesn't match you might need to post a screenshot or two so we can understand what order you are seeing.

Thanks,
Shaun

Hi Shaun,

sorry, quite a while since I got your answer. So far I helped myself out in using the classic boards. But my problem still exists.

We have now several sprints completed with Scrum Board. Now I build a filter including all Storys in our project. I sort it by Rank. I would expect to see the first story from the first sprint at the very top. What I see is the first story from the Backlog with Rank = 1 at first place. Then Rank = 2 and so on about ten storys from the backlog. Then I see some storys from the first sprint.

Maybe there is an alternative way to achieve what I need: I want an Excel export with all our Storys (done, in progress and planned). How can I build a filter to achieve this?

Since this is a current client project I cannot post much information in a screenshot. But perhaps what I could leave may help. It's even in german, sorry:

An idea anyone?

Thanks in advance,

larrie

Hi Larrie,

This is expected and does show the relative rank of the issues, it's just that the rank of the issues no longer matters once they're in a sprint or done. I'd suggest having three separate queries, one for the backlog with "order by rank", another for "In Progress" ordered by rank then one for resolved ordered by resolution date.

Cheers,
Shaun

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

239 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot