How can I (automatically) make a burn down chart and/or sprint report visible in Confluence?

Sven Ernest December 1, 2017

As I would like to make a dashboard in confluence to inform stakeholders within my organisation on the status of dev work. I would like to extract a burn down chart and sprint report into the document I created in Confluence. To prevent it will take too much time to create, I hope there is an opportunity that this can be created by a single action or even automatically. 

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Hudson April 1, 2019

Server instances:
You may need to configure External Gadgets in order to add the Jira gadgets. Follow the bouncing ball at: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Can-you-display-the-Jira-burndown-chart-in-Confluence/qaq-p/781036

Cloud instances:
Gadgets are already setup (see @Jack Brickey response above).

HOWEVER, Jira Gadgets on the fancy New Editing Experience DO NOT WORK (insert remark about luring billionaires back for a bit of User Testing).
Instead use the tried and true old editing experience and bring your Jira Burndown reports to life!

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi Sven,

There is a Communities post titled How do I embed Jira Agile Sprint Burndown Chart in a Confluence page? that can help:

You'll want to ensure you have application links configured as described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Linking+to+Another+Application

Then you will just add the desired gadgets to a confluence page and configure:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/JIRA+Chart+Macro

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+Confluence+Gadgets

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Branden

Kevin Maes March 19, 2018

I've come across that answer as well but the only charts I can add are

- pie chart

- created vs resolved

- 2 dimensional

Nothing related to the specific sprint report: burndown, velocity chart, etc

Am I missing some configuration?

Alice Chen April 3, 2018

I have the same question. I assume burndown chart will be one of the Two Dimensional Charts, but couldn't figure out the way to insert the Macro. Does anyone know? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2018

When editing a Confluence page click on the "+" icon at the end of the toolbar on right. Select Other Macros. Choose your gadget.

Alice Chen April 3, 2018

We passed that point already. After select "Other Macros", choose "Jira Charts". then we are stuck there with options:

- pie chart

- created vs resolved

- 2 dimensional

Like Marta.Smith likes this
Ryan D August 2, 2018

I'm having the Same issue as Alice.  The three available chart types are all very basic and mostly useless.  Is there any way to embed the boards directly from JIRA?

Mariellen Mihopoulos January 20, 2019

Any more detailed instructions for this? Did anyone work it out?

I am keen to get a mirror of my sprint burn-down report into a confluence page.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2019

I am able to see the Sprint Burndown in my Cloud instance of Confluence.

1. click “+”
  2. other macros
  3. Type “sprint” in the search box
  4. add gadget
  5. configure
spiderman March 30, 2019

Typed ‘sprint’ in the search box but nothing comes up. It is not Cloud instance.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2019

maybe not available in server. unsure.

spiderman March 31, 2019

Any other way to pull Sprint Burndown chart in Confluence?

Suggest an answer