How can I add Time Trackin or Original Estimate filed on Issue Deteil View on Jira Scrum Board?

Svetozar November 27, 2017

I need to add Time Tracking or Original Estimate field on Issue Detail View on Jira Scrum Board , and when I go to Configure Issue Details View there is no Time Tracking to select

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2017

Hi,

Time tracking data is not available in Issue Detail View.

You might want to add it to the Card layout where they can show. It's not perfect but the only workaround I'm aware of.

Hope this helps!

Patrick Poulin January 5, 2018

How do you estimate a huge list of backlog (~30 BACKLOG) if you cannot edit this field quickly ? 

I need 6 click to edit Original Estimate, but during a meeting with the team, I dont have time to open all issue one by one to enter estimate ?  

Why it's possible to edit Story Points ? 

For my team it's a blocker ... 

thanks for your help 

Like # people like this
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

Hi Patrick,

While I can't really speak in Atlassian's name, I'd say that estimation in Agile is meant to abstract time. That's why Story points are designed in such a way that you can edit them quickly. Also, Story Points are a simple number where time tracking is a more complex field which requires a different UI to be edited.

That won't really help but trying to explain the big picture!

You have a great day!

Patrick Poulin January 8, 2018

Thanks, 

Using an Agile tools, for non agile project could bring some issue. We choose Jira, because 50% of our RD team work with Agile model, but the other 50% need to work with Jira, but using a Due date model. That's why time tracking is needed. 

Maybe an extra plugin ($$$) could help me ... 

Patrick Poulin

0 votes
Svetozar February 28, 2018

@miikhyThanks a lot!

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2018

Glad it helped!

Feel free to accept my answer if it helped so that other can benefit from a solved topic :)

Have a great day!

Suggest an answer