How can I add 'Canceled' status to a next gen Jira board?

Justin F. Schafer January 23, 2019

My team migrated to a next gen board, but we cannot figure out how to add a 'Canceled' or 'Duplicate' status to the board so that tickets will fall off the board without having to delete the ticket. 

Can anyone help me figure this one out?

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Hello Justin,

Unfortunately, next-gen boards do not have the functionality to manually hide/archive issues, however, we created a feature request to implement it:

Next-gen project backlog - filter for completed issues

Please, feel free to vote and watch the suggestion in order to increase its priority and receive notifications about any progress on it.

For now, done issues are automatically archived on a project after spent a specific time on the done column of the next-gen boards, so we recommend you to use the old template if this is really a blocker for your use case.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

1 vote
Joseph W_ August 21, 2020

Hello Justin,

Unfortunately, next-gen boards do not have the functionality to include multiple resolutions that are not "Done".  So being able to add "Cancelled" or "Duplicate" is not an option at this time.  Please feel free to request the feature and vote on it so that Atlassian prioritizes it though!

0 votes
Nicholas Robertson January 27, 2021

As this is not a feature in Next Gen I've added this suggestion

Add Cancelled as a state to Next Gen Board 

Please give it a vote as I too am having this issue and would like to see a change

I'm not sure Petter's answer covers your needs fully.

Suggest an answer