How can I Tag a team I've created on a Jira ticket?

dor pundak July 21, 2021

Hi community!

I've created a group of project managers at work, that was supposed to serve us when creating a ticket relevant for us all and wishing to tag everyone. 

For some reason, when I create a new ticket and press @, it does not offer me the group's name as an option. 

what am I missing?...

Thanks a lot!

Dor

6 answers

4 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

It's currently not possible to mention groups. There is a suggestion request which you can vote for - JRACLOUD-28225 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ishan Somasiri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2021

@dor pundak As others have pointed out, it's not possible to mention groups. But you can create a team and mention them in Jira and Confluence. See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Keep-your-team-in-the-loop-with-Team-mentions-in-Jira-Software/ba-p/1280016 for more details.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

@dor pundak  You cannot tag groups in jira tickets comments, you can only tag users in it,

As a workaround you can create a DL including all those users and then use that DL to create a Jira user, this way you can tag that jira user and it will sent an e-mail or notification to all the members in that DL

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas Springer _Actonic_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 21, 2021

Here you can also find a few workarounds while working with multiple users: How do I assign issues to multiple users | Atlassian Support | Atlassian Documentation

0 votes
Ishan Somasiri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2021

@dor pundak and others. Since you've expressed interest in Teams functionality.

We have an upcoming release of a brand new Teams field in Jira and we'd like to invite you to join a limited Early Access Program!

With this field enabled, users will be able to
- Create and manage teams
- Associate Jira issues with Teams
- Search (JQL), filter, and create reports for issues by Team
- View the issues associated with a team on the team profile (across Jira, Confluence and more) We are launching this as part of a larger mission to enable our products to be more effective for teamwork. This field uses the Atlassian Teams concept (the one that is accessible through the People menu on the top nav on Jira and Confluence cloud editions). We are also working on unifying the different team concepts you see in our products today into one single Atlassian Teams concept that can be used across the Atlassian product suite. If this sounds interesting to you, we would love it if you would join us in trying out these early features to help us shape the future of Atlassian Teams. Please fill out this form if interested - https://forms.gle/ibPb7Qbxi8ntNHDa9 We are looking for teams that currently use the free & standard edition of Jira software.

Full context at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Early-access-program-for-a-brand-new-Team-field-in-Jira-Software/ba-p/1833946

Form to fill to try out the feature : https://forms.gle/ibPb7Qbxi8ntNHDa9

0 votes
dor pundak July 21, 2021

thanks everyone!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events