How can Customers prompt Forgotten Password from Service Desk

Kirsten September 3, 2019

There does not appear to be a "Forgotten Password" option when logging into Service Desk as a customer.

Is there any way for a customer to self-serve their way through a forgotten password?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2019

Hi Kirsten,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
For the option "Forgot your password" to appear, the customer needs to add the email first, so when they click on the link, the email will be sent to them.

Screen Recording 2019-09-05 at 12.03 PM.gif

Regards,
Angélica

Kirsten September 5, 2019

Hi Angelica,

My screen does not show the Forgotten Password link. Video of issue here.

Screenshots below: 

Snip20190906_4.pngSnip20190906_5.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2019

Thank you for the screenshots.
As per the screenshots, your instance has the option for customers to create their own accounts, so I changed this setting on my instance too and it works normally.
On your screenshot, I can see icons on the text box which doesn't appear on my login screen, so maybe it's some extension on your browser that may be blocking this option.

Screenshot 2019-09-09_10-37-43-254.png

Can you please test using another browser and also incognito mode?

Kirsten September 9, 2019

Same issue:

Snip20190910_3.pngSnip20190910_4.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
September 10, 2019

Thank you Kirsten.
I was able to test here as well and the field somehow is hidden.

image (8).pngimage (9).png

I sent a message to the team responsible for this feature to check why this is happening.
Once I have a response, I'll post here.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
September 11, 2019

Hi Kirsten,

We figured out that if the outgoing email on Jira is disabled, the "Forgot your password?" link won't appear in the portal.

Please, go to Jira settings > System > Outgoing email > Enable outgoing email.

After that, please check the login page again and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Kirsten September 12, 2019

Awesome - that fixed it. Thank you 👍

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2019

When a cloud service desk customer goes to the login page they see the login screen.  Once they enter their email address they are take to a page that has the forgotten password link.  See image below.

login screen.PNG

login 2.PNG

Suggest an answer