How To Hide the People tab in Jira Cloud

Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2020

Hi All,

Can anyone help me to hide the people tab from the sidebar in Jira Cloud?

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2020

Hi Monika - No, I don't believe it is possible to hide the People option. 

Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2020

@John Funk  yes, you are right. one of my colleagues asked me this and I have given the same reply but no I am sure it's not possible Thank You.

Hari Shankar November 27, 2020

Hi, 

looking forward for below requirement-

Even I am looking for this option because one of our requirement is while project admin is adding anyone into the respective project it need to get notified to product manager for approval either he may approve or deny!

I believe by Jira it is not possible instead of that if there is a option of disabling people tab to project admin and it will be visible for JIRA Admin's that would be better in my scenario.

Thanks, 
Hari Shankar

Yana Stoliarova January 28, 2022

Those Jira Cloud accounts who should not be able to see "People" section must be added to a certain group, like "customers". Then, in Global Permissions you must verify that you have granted "Browse users and groups" permissions to other users than in "customers" group. For example, all my Jira users are divided:

- "employees" group;

- "customers" group. 

I granted "employees" group only to browse users. 

When I logged in as a member of "customers" group, I can still see "People" menu but it does not show any info except a profile of the logged in person.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 5.26.31 PM.png 

You can also vote for JRACLOUD-73099 or read Jira-Cloud-Disable-Restrict-People-Menu 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events