How I view stories in an epic using the issue view?

LoidaV November 28, 2012

I am using Greenhopper 6.0.8 with JIRA 5.1.3

I know how to create an epic and create issues from the epic in the RapidBoard view, but when I view the individual Epic ticket using issue view I cannot see any of the linked stories.

How can I see the linked stories for an epic using issue view?

I want to see the linked stories for an epic using issue view because I want to:

• see context of the epic in issue view
  • see the aggregate of estimated story points from all linked issues
  • see the aggregate of estimated time for all linked issues

2 answers

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

when I view the individual Epic ticket using issue view I cannot see any of the linked stories

Epics are not linked to Stories. Greenhoper uses issue labels to support those relationships.

The Links Hierarchy Structure deals with that by transforming label based relationships into virtual issue links, so they are displayed on the hierarchical structure.

Regards,

Pablo (the plug-in author)

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

Actually, the new Epics in GreenHopper 6 are implemented using system issue links, not labels.

Thanks,
Shaun

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2012

Hi Shaun,

I've just installed the latest version of the Greenhopper available from the Marketplace and it looks is still creating those relationships by using labels and not issue links. I'm a bit confused... unless when it says "labels" is an abstraction to name system links, no?

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2012

Now I understand.

Issue labels != Epic labels

Thanks!

John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2012

Classic Mode epics still use Labels; Rapid Mode epics will be using links.

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2012

Hi Loida,

You can use the Epic Link field in a JQL search, for example '"Epic Link" = GHS-5232'.

There's no way to see the linked stories from the view issue page at the moment, we plan to implement that shortly. In the next release you'll see the aggregate of the estimate value for all linked issues in the board Plan mode.

Thanks,
Shaun

Suggest an answer