How I can reflect Jira - Issue ID# at QC via HP-ALM tool

orly moran March 29, 2015

Hi,

Our QA is working with HP-QC (Quality Center) in order to recorded bug.

Our R&D is working with JIRA and is exposed to QA sync bugs at Jira.

The state is that a new bug /issue ID that opened at QC is duplicated via HP-ALM sync. tool to JIRA and opened at JIRA and each change at JIRA by R&D is sync. to QC.

My issue is that I can reflect issue ID # at JIRA via JIRA system field QcBugId 

but I can't reflect issue ID # from JIRA to QC 

Please guide me how to reflect JIRA issue ID # at QC.

Thanks,  

2 answers

0 votes
orly moran April 1, 2015

Hi Nic,

Thanks for all your assist in this case I used JIRA.Issue.getIssueKey() and it was work

Thanks,

OrlyM

Uday Kumar February 21, 2018

Hi Nic,

I am in the same need as you. Can you please let me provide me the entire code that can be used for Custom field? Are you using it for Calculated Custom field?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2015

That depends entirely on how you are "exposing" JIRA to CQ and vice-versa.  I can't tell you a lot more than that because there's no information on what you've set up to get the systems to talk to each other.

orly moran March 30, 2015

Hi Nic,

As I wrote I used HP-ALM sync tool .

It's will be very helpful if you can direct me how I can insert  to  custom field  at JIRA the JIRA issue # ID.

Thanks, 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2015

Ye,s but you've not described it, explained what it is, pointed us to an addon, or how it's not telling you how to do it in the documentation.

Hi Nic,

Your answer a little bit confused me .

What I want is to have a field at JIRA (Custom field ) that the field value will be the bug ID #  for each opened bug

For example:

At below opend bug you can see that JIRA bug id # = 184

I would like to insert this # to custom field- JIRA Bug ID

image2015-3-30 16:24:54.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2015

So you want to show the QC bug number in JIRA. How does the HP-ALM addon documentation suggest you do it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2015

Argh, sorry, I completely misread that, it's not the CQ bug id. The question is actually "how do I duplicate the issue id into an edit screen" - that's actually quite hard, and utterly unnecessary - it's already being displayed about the edit box, at the start of your red arrow. So I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to do? Why are you repeating something you already have?

Hi Nic, I need to duplicate the issue ID at custom field in order to use this # at our internal process . The new created  custom filed will be unvisable to the user but it will help us with our internal process.

I know that this issue is quite hard ,that is the reason  that I ask for help. :)

Thank,

OrlyM

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2015

Mmm, sounds utterly pointless to me, when you've already got the number on-screen. Anyway, you can't do it on Cloud, you need code that would split the number out and duplicate it redundently on-screen. Although if it's invisible to the user, there's actually nothing to do because no-one will see it.

orly moran March 31, 2015

Hi Nic,

Can you please send me the code that split the number out? I need the number.

Can you please guide me where  I insert that code ?

Thanks,

Orly

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2015

The code I could send you depends entirely on how you you want to implement it. As a field plugin? A derived field (I'd use the script runner for that)? I still don't understand the need for the number when it is already on-screen in front of you.

orly moran March 31, 2015

Dear Nic,

The way I will use the code is  via a scriping field .

I am not familiar with a derived field .

Thanks,

OrlyM

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2015

Which scripted field type are you using? I'm aware of three ways of doing it. Although, what you need is going to be something like String[] pointlessresult = issue.getKey().split("-") return pointlessresult[2]

Suggest an answer