Hours estimate Voting tool

John Bolton March 14, 2021

Hello, Are there any tools in Jira which provide for hours voting by the team when estimating stories

When we are sprint planning, I'd like a tool where developers can enter an estimate for a story so we can easily see the hours estimates. Thank you,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2021

Hi @John Bolton 

It's a great idea, but not something that you can do as part of the features included out of the box with Jira. 

I tend to do estimation as part of a group workshop so that the estimates get put into Jira all in one go, I feel like some of my teams would not get round to doing it if they had to go and do it on their own.

Having said that it would be great to have an add-on that allows everyone to input their estimates without others seeing it, and then discuss to pick a consensus. It would save us all entering estimates into a poll on Google meet.

There are many add-ons on the marketplace for 'planning poker' type approaches - you might want to have a look here

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events