Ho to Diagnose "The connection has timed out" when trying to to load Jira in firefox?

JS October 15, 2017

I am hosting a Jira server and it is now unable to load in a browser.  I believe the Windows server restarted to install Microsoft updates and now Jira does not load

• Jira is running in Vmware on a windows server. 
  • Using the Jira default database

What steps can I do to diagnose and fix this this problem?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JS October 16, 2017

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  

I actually found the issue.  It was related to the IP not being set on the server properly.

I appreciate the quick response to my question.

Thanks again.

John

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

No worries, John! Thank you for letting us know what the problem was, so it can help other users should they run into the issue.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

John,

We'll need to know what errors you're getting in order to proceed. Are you able to look at the catalina and Jira Logs to see what kind of error it's throwing? What do you see in the browser when you try to access Jira?

Could you also let us know what you mean by the "default Jira database"? If you are referring to the embedded one, please be advised that is only meant for testing and should not be used for a production Jira instance.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer