Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hmm... we couldn't create your project due to an unknown error.

Hello, looking Russian support portal, have bad english, can you give me link ?

i try install trial Jira Service Desk for see that and learn.  
But i cant create new project and take this error (Hmm... we couldn't create your project due to an unknown error. Try refreshing the page to start again)

I use Win10 x64, just download atlassian-servicedesk-4.4.1-x64.exe install....  If you no have Russian helpers, can you give me simple way for fix thix error ?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Sep 20, 2019

Hello @Кука Риро 

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem with installing Service Desk.  I wish that the error shown to had more information.  I fear that Jira will not always show you the full error in the web browser as it will in the log files.  

I suspect that you are likely running into a known bug, please see JSDSERVER-4170 - Unable to create IT Service Desk project in default Russian Language.  It seems that this is known to happen when the system language in Jira is set to Russian.  There is a workaround noted in the bug ticket:

Workaround

• Change the default language to English (US), create the IT Service Desk project then change the default language back to Russian
  • If the instance's language was Russian when Service Desk was started, then the Service Desk fields were created using Russian. For this case, changing the language to English is not enough. You should do the following:
    • On custom field's page, look for Изменить тип
    • Click on the cog icon next to the field > select Configure
    • On the options section, add Normal
    • Change the instance's language to English and then you should be able to create projects.

Please note that when you change the language to English and then create a Service Desk project, some configuration for the project would be saved in English

If this is not the problem here, then I would be interested to learn more about your specific error here.  If possible, could you try to recreate this error when trying to create a new project, and then immediately go to the log file $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log

This log file likely has some kind of error message, perhaps a SQL exception that should be able to tell us much more about what the problem might be here.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,349 views 22 31
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you