Historical Changes to Ticket

corey neilson January 30, 2019

I can see if a JIRA ticket has been updated b/t specific dates, but I can't figure out how to query for what was changed.  Using "was" across all the fields and all the possibilities there within, isn't really a feasible option.  Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2019

the only thing you have is the History or All tab for a specific issue which does provide lots of data for a specific issue.

corey neilson January 30, 2019

I agree, but I don’t believe the all and/or history tabs are available fields in JQL, are they?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2019

No. That is why I had indicated specific issue. You only find that level of detail on the “detailed issue view”. It really would not work to display what changed in a JQL list. So if you created a filter for changes between a range of dates and then went thru the issues one by one and looked at history you could determine the “what”.

corey neilson January 31, 2019

I have 253 JIRA tickets that I track and need to communicate any week over week changes. To be honest, I can’t be this isn’t something that can be queried. I appreciate your help. 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

Hello,

The WAS operator works only with certain fields (Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution, and Status). 

Jira does not have other means to query issue history. You could use Jira Rest Api to get issue history and work on it.

Suggest an answer