Hiding unassigned issues.

Danny Anders April 21, 2013

How do you define issue permissions so that developers cannot see unassigned issues?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

Hi Danny, the browse project permissions inside the project permissions scheme it's like a 'browse issue' permission. If you put there Current Assignee, then only the assigned used will be able to see the issue.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2013

Depends on what you mean here, as I can read this in two ways.

If you mean "developer can only see issues if they are assigned *to them*", then you can simply use "current assignee" in the permission scheme on the "browse issue" permission, while removing all the other things that let them see it.

If you mean "developer can only see issues that are assigned to someone, and not unassigned", that needs more thought, but I won't waffle about it as it's quite hard.

Either way, you'll need to think about how you let someone assign the issue - you can't assign what you can't see.

Danny Anders April 21, 2013

I did indeed mean the former. However, there doesn't seem to be a 'browse issues' permission. Only 'browse projects', which is not the same thing.

For issues, permissions only exist for:

Creating

Editing

Scheduling

Moving

Assigning

Resolving

Closing

Modifying reporter

Deleting

linking

Setting issue security

Nothing to restrict browseing

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2013

Terribly sorry, I should have said that. "Browse project" is "browse issue", it really means "permission to look at issues inside this project"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2013

Depends on what you mean here, as I can read this in two ways.

If you mean "developer can only see issues if they are assigned *to them*", then you can simply use "current assignee" in the permission scheme on the "browse issue" permission, while removing all the other things that let them see it.

If you mean "developer can only see issues that are assigned to someone, and not unassigned", that needs more thought, but I won't waffle about it as it's quite hard.

Either way, you'll need to think about how you let someone assign the issue - you can't assign what you can't see.

Suggest an answer