Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hide menu items and other UI elements

Edited

Hi all,

To improve usability for our Jira Cloud users, I would like to hide some menu items (especially in the project menu: Reports, Forms etc), and other UI elements that our users don't use.

In Jira Server, I was able to hide UI elements with Scriptrunner. But I just learned that Scriptrunner for Cloud doesn't provide this hiding feature. 

Is there anything else I can do to hide UI elements in Jira Cloud?

Just to add: we now use te Free plan but are planning to upgrade to Premium.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Sabina,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that inside of Jira Cloud that it is not possible to hide UI Elements with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud like you can do with the server version as the cloud version does not have the Hide UI Element built-in script like the server version does, due to the fact, the API's this requires do not exist inside of Jira Cloud.

I am also unaware of any other way to hide UI elements inside of Jira Cloud as I do not believe Atlassian allow this in Jira Cloud-like they do in Jira Server.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

310 views 1 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you