Hide Time Spent Field when Input has been made

Wansze Kong September 17, 2020

We have a user that has provided the following use case for review:

When amount of time worked is logged into the Time Spent field, the field can be either hidden from view or removed as a required field. If the Time Spent field is blank, the field will remain required.

With my understanding, the application provides the ability to mark fields as required, whether by using the JSU app through the workflow or project field configuration. Is there a way for us to satisfy the requirements for this use case?  Any recommendations or input into this matter will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Wansze Kong-Chan

1 answer

0 votes
joehardin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Wansze,

I can't speak to JSU, but overall JSU seems to be highly duplicative of Jira Automation. I'd consider an alternative design to what you are proposing since Jira does not support the automatic hiding of fields based on whether they have a value. 

Instead, you could likely achieve the same business result by sending an automatic reminder to the user to fill out the field if it has not yet been filled out. Or you could create a board or filter of issues where the field has not been filled out. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events