Hide Sprints from SCRUM Board

Hans Philipp Annen January 12, 2014

We have two development teams that work on two products but share Issues from a common project. So we have three JIRA projects (something like projA, projB and sharedComponent).

The board filters then look like:

project = projA OR project = sharedComponent

Now, both boards show the other project's Sprints - as can be expected, since issues from sharedComponent would be visible in both boards. This is not always desirable.

* Is it possible to hide the display of the other's project sprints from the planning board?

BTW, I tried putting the project name in the sprint and filtering like 'project = projA OR (project = sharedComponent AND NOT Sprint ~ "projB"), but the ~-operator does not work for the sprint field.

6 answers

1 vote
Hans Philipp Annen August 24, 2016

The way we solved this is by using labels.

We maintain a separate backlog for the shared component. During sprint planning or whenever it becomes clear which team will work on a story, we add a label to it.

The filter query for project A then looks similar to this:

project = projA OR (project = sharedComponent AND labels = PROJA) ORDER BY Rank ASC

(btw the check "labels = PROJA" also works when multiple labels are present)

0 votes
Mark Haller August 24, 2016

Hi @Philip Hansen - did you ever solve this? I've got exactly the same issue right now!

Jenny Arnkvist December 21, 2017

Did you solve this? I want to have two Boards for two separate teams. And I want only their personal Sprints to show at their boards... Items are easy to hide with filters, but how to hide boards???

Like Camila Kolling likes this
Camila Kolling October 2, 2020

I have this problem too. Did you solve this problem?

0 votes
IgKh March 10, 2016

Any solutions here?

0 votes
David Sokolowski August 17, 2015

Anything else on this? We're having the same problem.

I don't see anything in the additional JQL queries that would help, but would love to know if you have something that would work.

0 votes
Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2014

There are some additional JQL functions for open sprints which may help: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching+Functions#AdvancedSearchingFunctions-openSprints()

0 votes
Frédéric Legrain September 23, 2014

We suffer the same inconvenience...

Suggest an answer