Hide Project List to other Users

John Zein Smiteher September 1, 2022

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way that I could restrict other users to see all the project list? I want the user to only see the project she/he is involved with. Already configured who can Browse the Project, but doing this only prevents users by accessing/seeing the project issues and can still see the project listed. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hi John,

That functionality is coming, but not here yet. They will be deprecating the Browse Project permission and replacing it with View Project and View Issues permissions. But that's several months away. 

You can read more about it here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Announcement-Introducing-two-new-permissions-to-replace-Browse/ba-p/2108241

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to response to my query, I really appreciate it and will definitely check the link you've provided. 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

I think it will be a big help once it rolls out. 

Like John Zein Smiteher likes this

I definitely agree with this. 

Just an additional question John, is it possible to restrict a specific issue to a specific user? Like example, I have this ticket A and ticket B, I want the user to not see the issue in ticket B, and only can see the ticket she/he is involved with. Appreciate your answer in advance. Thanks 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

Thank you John and I really appreciate your help. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

You bet  :-)

0 votes
Elvir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2022

Hi,

Could you also remove them from create issue permission ? 

You can drop a screenshot of the permission scheme here if this doesn't work.

See ya

Hi Elvir,

Thank you and appreciate for taking the time to response to my query. Tried your suggestion but user can still see all the project lists but cannot browse to it. As requested, please refer to the screenshot below. 

image (1).pngimage.png

Elvir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2022

Let's try to remove "any logged in user" from the View aggregated data permission

Hi Elvir, tried your suggestion but user can still see all the project lists. 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

No, there is currently no way to hide the list. 

Like # people like this
Elvir
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2022

I just noticed that you also got any logged in user in administer projects.

This doesn't seem like a good practice. Only users with project roles / group administrator should get that permission.

Also, is this permission scheme applied to all the affected projects ?

Hi Elvir, yeah this is only in a test projects but thank you for pointing that one that this is not a good practice I'll keep this in mind. Actually, tried again your suggestion but the user could still see all the projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events