Hi , we need a custom field as mandatory in fixed screen.but not in open screen.we are using 7.3.6 v

Maheshreddy November 6, 2017
We are using 7.3.6 version .we require custom field as mandatory in one screen.not in other screen ..
Note : we have created and mandatory in fixed screen but while creating issue error showes field is mandatory even I have not assigned is particular screen.

1 answer

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

looks like you would have made it mandatory by field configuration .so it is throwing the error.  Make it is optional in field config and use validator for making the field mandatory at fix transition.

Kindly help me regarding this. am new to this. What is validator where I can see

Thanks in advanc3

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

Hi thanks for the link. The same way I added validator in workflow from fixed to Ready to test and selected field required option with field name as Vendor.but while changing status from fixed to RTT am not getting any error.kinldy help me in this

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2017

are you using server version or cloud ?

Have you published the workflow after doing the changes?

you have custom field field called vendor? right. This field have you added on the screen while changing from fixed to RTT ? Is this field value is already set ? 

Hi am using jira server. Yes u r right am created custocustom field name as vendor and assigned in fixed and ready to test with optional field .now my requirement is to make mandatory.as per your guidance in work flow i added validator .

Thanks in advanadvance

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2017

after modifying the workflow, have you published it.

S. Now error message shows as vendor field needs to be set. After giving value now error shows as user from custom field vendor does not exist

Hi bro 

Thanks for your support .now it's working fine.if you don't mine I need one more help. We required to calculate TAT on open issues .is it possible

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2017

vendor custom  is which type of field. have you created it as user custom field. if yes, you have to choose the user from the existing list only

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2017

TAT means , do you want to time difference between resolved time and created . If yes, it is possible. you can refer below @

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmcf.jira-misc-custom-fields/server/overview 

TAT for open issues .

Suggest an answer