Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Hi everyone, we need one Field auto populated. On the basis of "Status" filed ?

We would like to check the possibility of adding an additional filed in jira "request status" which will be auto populated on the basis of Status field in jira, currently status filed has multiple values and we would like to show aggregated values in the new filed? 

Thankyou

2 answers

Hi @MUSTAFA !

As Trudy said, more information would be optimal to provide you with a real solution to your request.

In any case, and since it's native to Jira, I would recommend working with an Automation that would set the value of the "Request Status" field based on the "Status" field.

Something like this:

imagen.png

If you need the automation to run on many projects, you should create it using "Global automation" under System.

Note that this is just an example as more information is needed in order to make a suitable solution for you,

At least I hope this helps you look and work on what you need.

Kind regards,

Renzo from Servicerocket.

Hi @Renzo Molina Arriagada  sorry for the late response

thanks for your valuable time, I have done through post function.

Thankyou.

Hello @Renzo Molina Arriagada 

That issue type total 30 status are there , (like 30 transitions) so I need to put 30 Post functions right. If there is any way to put one automation for all transactions at the time , if I go through automation also i need create few much of rules right.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill Community Leader Dec 15, 2022

Hello @MUSTAFA 

Are you using Jira Server or Jira Data Center? What version of the product are you using?

Have you already configured the new field? What type of field is it (selection list, text, number)?

Can you provide a few example scenarios? Example

Status field values  New field values 
To Do, Backlog, New  Not Started 
Triaged, Ready for Development  Ready

Hi @Trudy Claspill  sorry'for the late reply 

The clear requirement is when status change todo to in progress they need one Field value on particular field, if status change in progress to done they need another value, for that I created a Post function for each transition.

Thanks for your time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events