Hi all, trying to complete a sprint, all issues done. JIRA is retuning 8 incomplete issues

Jim Murphy November 29, 2022

All sub-tasks are done. Tried issue search to find incomplete tasks/stories/sub-tasks, etc..

Any ideas?

4 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Do any of the issues in the sprint have sub-tasks?  Are those sub-tasks showing in the last column of the board as well?  (Note, not status, or saying "done", are they shown in the very last column?)

0 votes

hi Trudy, yes, I have quick/custom filters for DEV team. Never had an issue in the past, stumped...

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Jim Murphy , welcome to the community.

Are all issues in the rightmost column? That is a requirement to be considered Done when completing a sprint.

hi Jack, yes , all issues are in 'done' status on right

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2022

Thanks. You mentioned using a JQL to find incomplete issues but could you do the following...

project = xxx and statuscategory != done and sprint in opensprints()

what if anything is returned?

Tried your JQL, over 1k returned, nothing for my team, I added team name as part of JQL.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2022

Hmmm...you have over 1k issues in your current open sprint? Try replacing opensprints() with the actual current sprint you are looking at.

What I'm trying to achieve here is to find all undone issues in the current sprint. Which I assume you should be able to ascertain just by looking at the board. Your post seems to indicate that there are zero issues showing on the board in any column other than the last column. however, I want to see what the JQL returns versus what the board may be showing.

sorry for confusion, JQL returns 1k issue from entire project.  I narrowed it down by adding team name to your query, returns nothing. The board show 8 stories in done, nothing else. It is a interesting issue.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2022

Thanks. A couple of remaining questions:

• what does this JQL return? Sprint = xxxxx, where xxxxx is the sprint name
  • have you inspected each of the 8 issues fully for any sub-tasks not done
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2022

One theory is the possibility of issues from another project in this sprint causing issues.

Like # people like this

Sprint = 92392

all done issue reviewed for open tasks

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2022

To be clear the JQL Sprint = 92392 returns only the 8 issues, correct?

beyond that, as Trudy suggests, share screen shots to see if there are any clues.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2022

@Jim Murphy ,

any update on this?

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2022

Hello @Jim Murphy 

Welcome to the community.

Can you provide a screen image?

Do you have any quick/custom filters or assignee filters activated?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2022

@Jim Murphy 

I'm not asking if you simply have such filters defined. I'm asking if you have clicked on any of them and have them turned on while you are viewing the board and trying to complete the sprint.

A screen image of your board would be very helpful, with confidential information obscured of course.

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Trudy, I Understand your question. Filters are off when I complete the sprint

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer