Help with ticket count for tickets transferred to another support group

Allison Stewart September 5, 2022

Hi.

Hopefully some of you really experienced and smart people can help me come up with the solution to this. I'm still fairly new and racking my brain!  Hopefully I'm just missing something really simple.  But any help would be most appreciated!

Situation:

Service Desk tickets are submitted and I set the custom field "Support Team" appropriate for what type of request it is.  I.e. Equipment Requests go to HelpDesk team, Password Resets go to Security Team. I assign these using a hidden field on the request form to ensure that it is set and falls into their queues correctly.  From there, a member of those teams becomes the official Assignee on the respective ticket.

If the request should actually go to the another team, I have a "Transfer Ticket" status that allows the agent to essentially escalate the ticket to another support group.  The workflow changes the Support Team based on the selection from the agent.

In my example, if the Password Reset is not a security issue, they would transfer this ticket to HelpDesk Team.  Thus, the "Support Team" field is now changed to HelpDesk Team, the Request Type becomes a HelpDesk Requests and the status is set to Transfer Ticket.

Reporting Need:

In my example, I need to "give credit" to the Security Team for putting in some time on the ticket, even though they didn't resolve it.  I can't just use a Created vs. Resolved report because the ticket is no longer assigned or tagged for the Security Team.  But I need to somehow report that it WAS, at some time, assigned for the Security Team so that we can see how many total tickets they have worked on.

I tried to use the JQL function for "was" and "was in"... but that only works on Status, Assignee and will not work on my custom field Support Team.

If I can get a total count of tickets that have, at any time, had the Support Team field set to Security Team, that is what I need.

Thank you so much for your help and ideas.  Cheers!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elvir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

Hello Allison,

I would create a numeric field called "team changed". The field doesn't even need to be on the screen since it is just for reporting purpose but you could still add it.

I assume you are on Jira cloud, there is a feature called jira automation. The goal is to create a rule that counts the number of times the ticket has been transferred from a team to another.

In order to create the rule, go to project setting - > automation

1. Select the trigger value changed and select the field you would like to monitor, in my case team.image.png
  2. Click save, select Action, and select Edit field. We are going to increment + 1 to the custom field called "team" Changed", in my case customfield_10095. Please have a look here on how to find out the id of an custom field. image.png
  3. Give the rule a name and save it.

Now if you change the team value, the field Team changed should be increment by one on that ticket.

You can search for the transferred tickets  with with this jql 

"Team changed[Number]"is not empty

Hope this helps a little bit.

Best regards, 

Allison Stewart September 6, 2022

This is good information, thank you.  This would give a count to know how many times that ticket has bounced from one support group to another.  That is a great data point.

But I need to know a count of tickets that currently have or ever had "Security Team" in the Support Team field.  This will give me a total count of all tickets that the Security Team has touched.

Maybe I can create custom count fields for each Support Team and when the Support Team field equals "Security Team", I increment the count. ??  But then if the ticket goes from Security Team (SecTeamCount = 1) to the HelpDesk Team (SecTeamCount remains = 1) and back to the Security Team (SecTeamCount now is = 2), that won't be right.

It's Tuesday after a long weekend and my brain is just not firing right now to figure out a solution.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events