Help get my backlog back to open issues that are not in a sprint...

David Van Beveren August 30, 2012

After creating our second sprint using the Greenhopper scrum board, I was editing configuration settings trying to figure out a way to show assignees in the backlog display. I was not successful, but what did happen was my backlog changed to show all issues ever created, including resolved ones. This impacts us at the present time as we want to do backlog grooming. I am most interested in just getting the backlog back to only open issues that are not part of a sprint.

Getting the assignees to how up in the planning board would be a minor bonus. (Since we are a small team (4) I jut added quick filters to filter on each assignee)

2 answers

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2012

Hi David,

The filter is used for all the modes in the board. Since you are displaying only 'unresolved' issues, the moment you resolve them, they will no longer be displayed since the filter is not retrieving resolved issues.

I'd advise you to raise an issue at http://support.atlassian.com so we can help you correcting the filter to display the issues on the backlog.

As for the assignee, for now it is not possible to display this field on the backlog.

Cheers,

Clarissa Gautério

Atlassian Support

0 votes
David Van Beveren August 30, 2012

I edited the filter to only look at "unresolved" issues, and that made the backlog look correct, but when I resolved an issue it dissapeared from the work board, unsurprisingly.

What I cannot figure out - is there some kind of "sub filter" if that is the right concept, tht pulls items out of the filtered project for display in the backlog? I presume there must be, but I cannot find it on the normal configuration screens.

Suggest an answer