Hello guys i am building a work flow for my project

sai prasad July 19, 2021

Basically i want to create a work flow as a user story should change its state to done only when its associated test case results gives a passed result and if the status is failed it should go back to previous state or to reopened.

I am using version 8.7.1

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

Hi @sai prasad

maybe I am mistaken by not fully understanding your scenario but for the part "change its state to done only when its associated test case results gives a passed result" I seem to recognize that you would need some sort of App which is capable of testing the related ("linked") issue status during a transition.

In case you could confirm if (and which) Apps you already have installed Community members could give further/detailed advice.

Some parts of your question make me think if also some sort of Automation is intended to happen throughout the workflow - or if your requirement is meant in a way there should be conditions/validators (like touched above).

In case you would like to bring in additional automation the requirement could get more complex - however, also in for this the question stands which Apps are probably already installed or if you are planning to purchase some (most parts of what you describe will not be possible to be build with features out of the box - except you are keeping it basic, then everything Nic already described perfectly likely suffices).

Regards,
Daniel

sai prasad July 21, 2021

Thank you Daniel, 

I have got katalon studio App installed for Automation testing which send the test status to the test case in Jira.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2021

Sorry to say but I am not familiar with Katalon Studio - if this one is capable of transitioning issues to a different status in workflow it would be perfectly fine. Otherwise you would need to use Automation (for Jira Server it is not included like in Jira Cloud) or work out any other alternative.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

Ok, so where are you stuck?  I assume you are stuck because you are talking here, but you've not said where. 

From what you have said, all I can really tell you is that you should add transitions from the current state to both done and re-opened, probably protected with conditions so that people don't use the wrong one at the wrong time.

Suggest an answer