Having trouble understanding issue transition on pull request merge.

jandyman May 26, 2021

We've noticed a feature where Jira issues can be transitioned automatically on a pull request merge. It seems to be described here.

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/transition-jira-issues-during-a-pull-request-merge/

There are two things we don't understand. First we don't seem to be able to transition to a state we call "Done" in our workflow. AFAIK, there are no "fields that have to be filled out" to transition to Done, but I don't really know exactly what that means, so I'm confused.

Second, is there a way to configure which potential transitions show up? In our situation, a transition to "Shelved" is the only one enabled, which doesn't make sense in this case. 

So we've got a transition to a non-sensical state enabled, and the one we want is disabled. And the page referenced above doesn't clear it up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Are you using a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project in JIRA?

Regarding the "fields that have to be filled out", when you manually transition an issue to Done do you have any pop-up screen that makes you fill in any fields? 

I haven't worked with the JIRA/Bitbucket integration before, so I can't address your other question concerning the available status.

jandyman May 28, 2021

I'm not sure that the difference is between a Team Managed project and a Company Managed project.

There are no pop-up screens when transitioning to Done.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

In JIRA at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left it will tell you if the project is Team Managed or Company Managed.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2021

Have you added a trigger to the transition to Done in the workflow for the issue type mentioned in the pull request? Documentation on that topic is here, and applies to Company Managed projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events