Have got free hosted licence and have purchased Jira core but unable to merge the two

mithun.thompson January 19, 2021

Hello All,

We are one of those unfortunate people who has paid for a 100 licence but still having to use the 10 user free version of the software, as support is struggling to help us to upgrade our free setup to the paid version.

We specified that this is how it should be done before we made the purchase and we were assured that it is how it has been setup but upon purchase we find out that is not how it was setup and they are not able to support us on it either. 

My questions are as follows:

1. I got access to both the free site and the new purchased site. I am able to see them both from the same cloud setup but I can't seem to be able to link them. Is this possible?

2. If the above is not possible, could I just create a new site and migrate all the user stories, projects and epics from the free version to this new create site? How easy is this?

Has anybody got any experience with this? Have you got any suggestions on what we could do? Please help if you do as I am getting an absolute ear ache from all the people fed up with waiting and Atlassian is not helping. Ticket was raised and they are sitting on it for a week or so now.

Thanks a million in advance if you could help.

MT

2 answers

0 votes
mithun.thompson January 20, 2021

Hi Nic,

Well we didn't buy the first one as it was the free one we were using, but having been told by Atlassian that they will just upgrade the first one we went ahead and made the purchase.

We now find we have got two cloud systems. I can see them both from the same interface but I don't know how to merge them. I had a call with the Atlassian support team today and asked them to either merge it or upgrade the free version or finally help me in migrating the free version's content into the new cloud.

They are thinking about it and hasn't come back to me yet. 

Have you had the misfortune to experience any of this? Any ideas on what we should do?

Thanks in advance.

MT

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

The process sounds a bit unclear to me - as well as I did not get what you had, why you upgraded and what you have now.

We are one of those unfortunate people who (...)

Is there something special you are referring to which would be public? If so, could you please provide a link? Out of curiosity I'd like to read through the happenings for a better understanding (if there are any).

I seem to have understood you are upgrading free to a paid plan. Which kind of support interaction is needed on this?

By cloud systems you mean you have a myjustgreatsite.atlassian.net alongside with asiteineveraskedfor.atlassian.net - or something?
Or do you mean something else by having two cloud systems?

Yes, overall there is a guide on how to merge two instances but as you said there is a support request, waiting as the cherry on top, I'd wait what the output will be.
From what I read here things are already complicated - any further step would decrease the probability of a quick fix - I assume.

What is the working theory at the moment? What was proposed? Where do you want to go from the current situation - or in other words, what are you waiting for at the moment? Is it for a merge or a billing related thing?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

This sounds like you have "bought" two separate Cloud systems, instead of upgrading your free one from 10 users to 100.

Could you confirm this is the case?  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events