Has anyone used Pulse for JIRA? If so, have you been able to monitor the Website?

Bruce Sisko November 20, 2020

Has anyone used Pulse for JIRA? If so, have you been able to monitor the Website?

I am receiving a generic "connection error".

I have spoken with the network team and they have informed me that no proxy is being used.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2020

Hi Bruce,

do I understand it correctly Pulse is some kind of basic monitoring App which can be installed in Jira to monitor other non-Jira related services like your corporate Website (as you said?).

If this is your setup and you do not reach the target system I would start by logging in to the Jira server (Linux: SSH / Windows: RDP) and to check using "traceroute/tracert" and/or "ping" along with "telnet" if the destination can be reached.
There might be more necessary that the diagnosis there is no proxy.

The App is quite interesting from the reading. Up to now I only encountered monitoring systems like Icinga or so that do a job like this. Probably the Pulse is similar - with the difference it is integrated into Jira. Maybe I am missing a point as well.

If all fails I also found there is a support from the vendor you could reach out to.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer