Has Jira Cloud been updated to auto refresh?

Bob January 24, 2018

My Scrum team has been asking if there is a way for Jira Cloud to auto refresh after they have made a change to an issue. I've seen a couple of posts dating back to 2014 that mention the feature was partially implemented by prompting users with a message link, but I've not seen an update since then. Has there been any further progress on adding an auto refresh feature?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

Auto refresh what?  Which screens and on what event?

Bob January 24, 2018

Updating any Jira Issue: Story, Task, or Sub-task. If a team member adds a new Jira issue to a board there is a pop-up notification that displays for other team members; It seems the board could refresh automatically.

Like ashleylionell likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

Ah, no, that's not been done.  I'm not sure they will either - board loads are very intensive, and if you've got a lot of updates, you could effectively lose your board for several minutes with repeated refreshes.

Shane July 27, 2018

It's surprising that Jira is regarded as serious PM software but doesn't auto-refresh agile boards.

Like # people like this
Zbyszek August 27, 2018

This sounds very unprofessional. When there is entire team working using kanban, scrum boards, the fact that when one team member moves a card on his system doesn't make the same move on all board instances sounds like a bad joke :(. And to be honest it puts transition to jira tool under big question mark. You say board loads are very intensive, but we have year 2018 not 2000. Use AJAX or any other method, that I have no idea about, and update only part of the DOM. Jira competitors can do it. I have hard time believing that Jira can not.

Like # people like this
frank germano September 13, 2018

I have to agree with the above sentiments. In this day and age to have an application that presents INCORRECT information because of a programmer failure is unacceptable. 

Like # people like this
Nikolai October 1, 2018

In 2018 I'm taking auto-refresh for granted. All other solutions have auto-refresh.

Like # people like this
Junshen Choo December 4, 2018

me too. having someone submitted a comment, and another agent not able to view it real time is troublesome.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Nikolai May 9, 2019

I have moved to using ClickUp and I have never been happier.

Suggest an answer