Has Atlassian posted a blog about the new update to the New Issue View?

Abel Lineberger February 15, 2021

Looks like Atlassian has migrated the "Folders" or Tabs from the right column on the ticket view to a tab interface directly below the Summary field over the weekend 2/14/21 (Happy Valentine's Day!).  Has anyone seen a blog post or other notice about this change?

Capture.PNG

I think it's great that they are bring these things closer to the user's attention, but did they provide any kind of heads up?

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2021

Later during the week there has been a post on Community which I am going to link here for your further reference:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/New-to-Jira-discussions/Tabs-are-now-on-the-left-hand-side-of-Jira-Cloud-s-issue-view/td-p/1614901

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

Hi Abel,

I think any communication will primarily come from the open feature request here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70555

Of course, you can ask that question in a comment there as well. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

i haven't seen a blog on it but doesn't mean one doesn't exist. I did see note that the Activities area has gone back to more literal tabs.

Abel Lineberger February 15, 2021

do you recall where?  Need to push something to my userbase.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2021

you can always find the Release notes by clicking on the ? in your instance. Here is the latest release - atlassian-cloud-changes-feb-8-to-feb-15-2021 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events