HTTP 400 when creating Issue through Jira REST API from SAP Integration

Diwakar.Sharma October 21, 2021

Hi Experts,

I am working on Integration to Jira to post new Issues through Rest API https://*****.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue?updateHistory=false .

While trying to post the json through Postman it is succesful and receiving the response back with Jira is and Key.

But while sending the same json data from Integration platform Automatically to same API through HTTP Adapter i am receiving HTTP 400 Error.

Error Details:Postman Succesful screen shot.JPGError message from Integration layer.JPG

While trying to post the Issue through CPI Integration layer we are ending with Error HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request

The server cannot or will not process the request due to something that is perceived to be a client error (e.g., malformed request syntax, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Dear @Diwakar.Sharma ,

welcome to the community!

I recommend to fire your request from PostMan and SAP to a Debugging Web Proxy (eg. Whistle , there are other HTTP Traffic/Capture solutions, too) Then you can easy compare the different requests.

If you know Linux, you can do the same with tcpdump. Or with UI: Wireshark. But both require more knowledge about protocol stacks.

So long

Thomas D

Diwakar.Sharma October 22, 2021

Dear @Thomas Deiler 

Thanks for the response. I have analyzed the HTTP Traffic and found few header paramteres are missing . Now the parameters are set and issue is resolved.

Thank you for your inputs.

Regards,

Diwakar

Like Thomas Deiler likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events