HOW TO COUNT HOW MANY TIMES YOU PASS THE SAME CARD THROUGH A COLUMN

Virginia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 23, 2024

I need to count how many times a card passes a specific column without a pluggin.

Is that possible? if not possible, which did you use?"

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can't really do this for columns because Jira does not hold any data for columns.  When it needs to show you a column, it looks at the current status of all the issues and sorts them into the columns as currently mapped

But you can do it for status (which ultimately leads to your columns, even if you redefine the columns with different status!)

Without any apps:

• Create a numeric field for each status you want to track
  • Create an automation that triggers when you move an issue into a status you want to track.  Read the relevant field and write back current value + 1

With an app (Scriptrunner, JMWE, Powerscripts etc)

• Create a numeric field for each status you want to track
  • Add a post-function to each transition into the status you want to track which increments the relevant field (soon to be a one-line script in SR, like it is in Jira Server
  • OR, created a scripted field that reads the issue history

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2024

You're getting soft @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  - you didn't even ask to not be shouted at.  :-)

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2024

It only bothers me when it stops me being able to read the question (the content, not the summary, which I tend not to read anyway) :-)

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer