It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Guideline not showing in Agile burndown

I have started a sprint on my board, but when I go to Report I can't se the guideline in the Burndown chart. As far as I remember it was there in the beginning, but not anymore. Can anyone tell me why?

2 answers

0 votes
AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Apr 18, 2013

Hey there, Pia.

Speaking of the guideline, may I clarify with you whether you happen to have set the Original Time Estimate of the issue that were included in the Sprint after you started it? I have bumped into the problem whereby the guideline somehow disappears from the Burndown Chart but it is actually overlapping with the X-Axis of the chart.

Keep me posted on this.

Warm regards,

Danial

Hi,

For some of the issues the Original Time Estimate was set after I started the sprint.

Does this means that I can't get it to show now?

Regards, Pia

AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Apr 18, 2013

Hey there again, Pia.

Spot on. Actually, I have raised a Bug Report that relates to this case. Perhaps you can have a look at it and see what the developer has to say about it:

The guideline is actually shown but it overlaps the X-Axis. As you can see, the value 0 on the Y-Axis is actually at the bottom, rather than in the middle.

Warm regards,

Danial

Deleted user Mar 14, 2017

I just ran into the same issue as well.  The guideline is overlapping the X-Axis!

Thank you for the link.

I changed the Sprint start to 2 hours later, and there is my guideline.

However I do not understand why it was set to 0, since I had several issues with estimates when the sprint started, so it should still take those as starting point for guideline...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

3,651 views 15 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you