Grouped and indented view of issues

Svein Seldal September 19, 2013

I'm currently evaluating Jira Agile for our company and I'm running a real production project using it. We are going to be approx 100 persons using Jira if we decide to go for it. We come from a combination of bugzilla and Trac.

I find myself jumping back and forth alot between the Agile plan backlog view and a issue report. They have slightly different properties and you need both. E.g. finding a sub-task when you don't know the parent task in the backlog view is tedious. Same as editing the properties of an epic.

Can you group og issues in the issue report? Epic -> userstories, userstories -> sub-tasks (exists today, but not very visible), group by component types, etc.

I'm having problems convincing the product owner as there is no easy view (it seems) of the things he's (only) interested in: Viewing all epics and an indented list of the user stories that belong to that epic. Setting up a filter for epics and user stories are easy, but they are unsorted its difficult to see the relationship.

Likewise my scrum team member want to create a list of open issues grouped by component, ala. what Trac can do.

1 answer

0 votes
Bert Michaud April 16, 2014

I'm also looking for a "Group by" function to generate various interesting reports (tasks by sprint, tasks by component group, tasks by assigned, issues by status, etc). Grouping items in a list is very powerful!

I did find this interesting plugin for twiki: http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/JiraPlugin

If this was available in confluence...then it would be very powerful. I could create all of my reports and have them grouped in a project management page in Confluence.

Suggest an answer