Group unable to see project board

Josh Pullan June 1, 2021

I'm attempting to give some users access to one project only which is setup in JIRA already. They've been added to a group setup to provide them access to this specific project board however when they access, they are unable to see the project.

Fairly new to JIRA however was told that by adding the users to the group, it should give them access to the project board however this isn't happening. I have checked the project permissions, and under browse projects, the group is there.

Is there anything else I could check or need to do?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Hi Josh - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Check the Permission Scheme associated with the project to see who has the Browse Project permission. It might be based on Project Roles. If so make sure the project role(s) that have that permission are linked to the group under People. 

Josh Pullan June 1, 2021

Hi John - thank you for responding!

I checked the Browse Project permissions and everything seems correct. I added an internal colleague to the group and they were able to see the project OK. I will recommend that the externals try clear their cache and log out/in, hopefully should resolve the issue as it seems to be working correctly our end.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer