Group incidents in Jira

Emmanuel Martinez January 15, 2021

Integrate Dynatrace with Jira to track issues.

In Jira they are registered correctly, but I see that a ticket is generated for each incident found in dynatrace.
Example 10 incidents of the same problem are created that dynatrace locates but they have the same context

In Jira, can I group issues that are the same in a single ticket?

1 answer

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2021

Hi @Emmanuel Martinez 

Welcome to community.

Same incident can be reported by different users in Jira. You can indicate one of the incident as a global incident (with a custom field maybe) and link all others to this one. Then you track the problem in single issue. Even you can define automation when incident is resolved, resolve the other linked duplicate one's. Also you can add announcement for known issues.

I don't know how Dynatrace integration was made. But if each ticket is created in other system automatically, you can not prevent it. Maybe you can add a decision mechanism then create a remote ticket.

Emmanuel Martinez February 8, 2021

Hi.

The incidents reported by Dynatrace are displayed in Jira

But I have the problem that every time an incident is reported JIRA opens a ticket.
How can I group the incidents?

JiraIncident.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events