Greenhopper v5.10.6 Rapid Board Issue

Hello all,

we've got a Rapid Board Issue in our Greenhopper. Can somebody tell me, why we don't see all Issues in the Plan Mode of the Rapidboard. Even I point the filter to the whole project and also the status ae mapped all to the columns "To do" or "in Progress". And behind the status there is a number in brackets. The number of the issues. But they are not show up in the Rapid Board, not all of them. Can someone help me?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards.

additional a pic with the brackets. Why are those issues not shown up in the Board?

Bild

6 answers

1 accepted

This issue is solved. The simple solution has been that there was no sprint field shown in field configuration. Thank you all for your help!

To pop up in Plan mode (your backlog) the statuses have to be mapped to the first column in your board. Maybe that's one thing. Other than that, have you enabled any quick filters that might prevent the issues to be shown?

I have not enabled any quick filters. But i read this in the documentation:

An issue will only be visible in Plan mode if:

the issue matches the board's Saved Filter (see Configuring Filters); and
the issue's status maps to one of the board's columns (but not the 'Done' column).

labels

And there are 3 columns. And the relevant statuses map to the first two columns ("To do" and "in progress").

So I think it should be correct right?

Just as a test, could you map the "verified" status to the "To do" column and see if the issues are visible??

For example if i put the status "Verified" (which includes currently 16 issues) in the column "in progress" and i go to the Rapid Board in the plan mode, I cant see any issue. What is the reason for this bevavior?

Sorry unfortunately they are not displayed. I dont know why. What is my mistake? I always thought the number in brackets will be shown up ? But there is nothing...

Can you post a screenshot? ...and comment please. You're adding new answers every time:-)

A screenshot from of your board configuration I mean...

Ok, sorry, this is the Config. Is that what you wanted? But this shows the config like it should be. Any Drag and drop was unsuccessful.

It seems unusual that you might want to see "In Progress" issues in your Plan view. The backlog should be issues that are not yet started or in a Sprint. If you go to the Work board, do you see these issues?

I cannot see these issues in the Work board. But at least I shoud see the open issues correct?

You're not using the GreenHopper simplied workflow. That's why you can't drag and drop and create custom statuses.

Your JIRA admin needs to simplify the workflow for this project. There should be a button for this right above this column configuration.

After that, we should be able to get you the statuses you need in the desired column.

You might have to do some bulk actions to get issues into the correct status after you're done setting up your column mapping.

Fabian, were you able to resolve this yet? You need to simplify the workflow used by your agile board respectively the project.

Hello Ronny,

I was not able to resolve this yet. But I think the problem is not what you understood. Because I can easily drag and drop the the status (means from one column to another). There is no problem about it. What I actually don't understand is why I cannot see all the issues. In the config mode in brackets I see a number of issues matching this status. If I put this to the to-Do column and i go to the plan view, the number of issues is much more less or even no issues are displayed. How can i fix this? And what do i have to change to see that issues in the plan view? There is no quick filter configured or active.

Thanks for your support!

And behind the status there is a number in brackets. The number of the issues.

Actually, the answer to the original question is: This is NOT an indication of how many items are associated with "in progress". It is a Step ID numbers for a Jira Workflow so that if you do a custom workflow you can specify a transition from step 476 (open) to step 163 (In Progress). In previous versions of Jira, you had to actually know these numbers to create the transitions - later, they added a GUI to do it as experimental - then they were eliminated in favor of the "simplified workflow"

You can seee this in practice by going to administration | Issues, then picking workflows, then finding your project and looking at the "assigned Schemes" - for instance, you may see "classic default workflow" you can then click on the "view" under the operations column. in either Diagram or Text mode, you will see the "Step Name (id)" column - meaning the individual steps in your workflow and their associated step ID.

I think the Plan Mode only shows issues that would appear in the first column - the Backlog column - it will never show those in the "in progress" or "done" columns. -- also, they will only show in the work view if you have selected the appropriate sprint. In addition, while you are viewing the entire project backlog, that doesn't prevent someone else from having created their own board/sprint, selecting some issues and transitioned them to the in progress state - and once there, they won't show up for planning on any other board.

You should be able to go to the Issues view, enter a filter with the project name and appropriate status to get a list of those items. You can then pick one, then in the "agile" section, click the View on Board - it will then display the appropriate board if it is shared, or possibly give you a list of boards where the issue appears.

boards issue appears on

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,233 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you