Greenhopper unavailable in new JIRA install; PluginUpgrader reports Upgrade failed attempting to migrate data from Labs ranking table...

Larry Talley October 28, 2011

I installed a new instance of JIRA just to demo Greenhopper, but, I have been unable to get Greenhopper to work. I get a banner on all JIRA pages GreenHopper is currently unavailable... and various exceptions thrown in the log, such as:

2011-10-28 13:27:15,768 main ERROR sal.core.upgrade.PluginUpgrader Upgrade failed: Attempting to migrate data from Labs ranking table to new ranking table, but new table already contains data.

com.atlassian.greenhopper.upgrade.UpgradeException: Attempting to migrate data from Labs ranking table to new ranking table, but new table already contains data.

at com.atlassian.greenhopper.upgrade.GhUpgradeTask012Dao.migrate(GhUpgradeTask012Dao.java:30)

at com.atlassian.greenhopper.upgrade.GhUpgradeTask012.performUpgrade(GhUpgradeTask012.java:35)

at com.atlassian.greenhopper.upgrade.AbstractGhUpgradeTask.doUpgrade(AbstractGhUpgradeTask.java:46)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2019

Hi,

Just to answer this old question ==> Here is how to do it : link. It is also worth to read this. Mainly the solution is to delete all data in the table AO_60DB71_ISSUERANKING. 

Hope it helps

0 votes
Daniel Petzen October 22, 2013

It would seem that my problem was that the Agile/GreenHopper plugin was interrupted during the upgrade. That cause all sorts of nasty side effects.

I restored everything and started from scratch (this was a UAT set-up). The Agile plugin upgrade happens in a background thread and took well over an hour in my case.

It all seems to work OK now, though.

0 votes
Daniel Petzen October 21, 2013

I just encountered this problem as well. It's a problem with the Agile plugin upgrade. The Agile upgrade worked doing a 4.4->6.1 upgrade, but not 4.4->6.1.1.

It's a known problem and mentioned in the GreenHopper Knowledge database:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Attempting+to+migrate+data+from+Labs+ranking+table+to+new+ranking+table,+but+new+table+already+contains+data

Unfortunately, Postgres refused to allow me to remove the Active Objects (AO_*), so I had to bite the bullet and start over again. I'll try JIRA without Agile and then add the latest version of Agile from the plugin manager and hope for the best.

It would be intersting to hear if you managed to remove the active object tables and if that resolved it.

0 votes
Robin Garner December 12, 2011

I have the same issue.

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2011
To me this looks like the datasbase was not really empty when you restored the XML backup. Make sure ther exist no tables in the database when you restore your XML backup

Suggest an answer