Greenhopper rapid board and resource management.

Chris Morphew October 30, 2012

After reading through the help section, I have setup a Greenhopper rapid board with multiple columns to make it clearer at which stage each of our projects is at, and have setup swimlanes to further break down the types of project in development at any one time.

I'm currently in the process of defining issue types, attributes and workflows to enable this to work properly.

One thing I am maybe not understanding using Kanban is how you see a team schedule view, i.e. maintain a resource calendar to ensure people are not over-allocated or on holiday etc?

If someone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

There is no such calendar within GreenHopper. Atlassian have another product called Team Calendars which is handy for this - http://www.atlassian.com/software/team-calendars/overview

Chris Morphew October 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to respond - I will install a trial version of this and let you know how it goes!

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

How did the Trial go with Team Calendars? Have you found a solution to Resource management as yet?

Suggest an answer