Greenhopper rank field added to an existing project is not working

BD October 26, 2011

First off, sorry for the vague title.

I created a new custom greenhopper rank field "Request Rank"

It's been configured to show for issues in my Project, for any issue type. It's been added to every screen that issues in that project use.

I created a Custom Project Template and enabled my new custom field ("Request Rank") as the Ranking Field.

When I go to edit an existing issue and select the pencil next to the "None" value for the Request Rank field, it displays a Context dropdown (On the Fly or Default) and regardless of what I select, this message: "NO ISSUES TO DISPLAY"

When I go to Agile > Planning Board > Project Overview (and either Default or On the Fly) there are no issues displayed.

Any thoughts?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2011
Did you check if the fixversion system field is hidden in your field configuratio? I had the same issue like once and after i had unhidden the fixversion field and reindexed JIRA i could see the issues.
BD October 27, 2011

Thanks Dieter, this seems to be helping immensely. I see two issues in there now... and have not re-indexed yet. I did run Optimise (repair) after enabling "Fix Version".

0 votes
BD October 27, 2011

When I try to add a rank on an existing ticket, I see this

When I create a new issue, it appears to be assigned a rank (the "7", represents the number of issues that have been created since I implemented the Rank field, there are hundreds of others in this Project)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2011

Have you used the optimise/repair option for the ranking field?

BD October 27, 2011

Thanks Nic, yes I've tried that and I've also re-indexed JIRA.

Suggest an answer