Greenhopper installation

Natarajan May 22, 2012

Can you let me know how do I install the Greenhopper thing on to my JIRA? Also, I couldnt find the Universal Plugin Manager - how can i get his? is my version supported for this UPM?

I have downloaded the greenhopper .jar file and have restarted the JIRA server - but nothing happens . Can someone help pls?

2 answers

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

You need to login to Jira with a user that has administrator rights. If you do not see the word Administration on the screen in the upper right or left corner of the screen then you are not logged in with a user that can have administrator rights. Click the word Administration to login in with adminstrator rights . The menu should change and then select plugins.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/GreenHopper+Installation+and+Upgrade+Guide

0 votes
Manohar Venkataraman July 14, 2013

I was having trouble because of the size of the Greenhopper plugin as it just stayed at the 'uploading' status. The solution that worked for me was the following:

1. Download the GreenHopper Jar

2. Copy it to the plugins directory (<home Jira>/data/plugins/installed-plugins/)

3. Stop and start Jira

Note: It will take some time for Jira to start up again.

Suggest an answer